A Plot of Land
I drove past “a plot of land” today, that I have been hoping to buy for the past several years and spoke to the new owners.
It really saddened me to not have been able to buy the acre of land, with a small house on it.
The “plot of land” is on a hilltop, overlooking the surrounding valleys for miles, in three directions. It was my heart’s desire to have it, but now it’s gone.
I suppose the only “plot of land” I will ever truly own, is for the $100.00 I paid for the “grave plot” in the cemetery, of which one day my body will be placed, six feet under the ground.
With this in mind, I realize, the only true investment is in the spiritual things; as that is the reason I have been investing in this Website and the other ones I have, in order to perhaps help someone understand the reality of the fact: your life on this earth is only for a moment…
No matter what you may have, with regards to earthly material goods, lands or whatever; you cannot keep it, nor take it with you after death.
The only sure thing in this earth life is the assurance that your earth life will be over one day and your body will be placed in a cold dark grave or cremated, of course, whatever final plans you have for the body you dwell in.
The grave for your body or the ashes of your body will be your certain and final “plot of land.”
Therefore, be sure you have eternal spiritual salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ…
As the truth of your body remaining on this earth, the truth of your Soul will be in Heaven with the Lord Jesus Christ.
-  I am a stranger and a sojourner with you: give me a possession of a burying place with you, that I may bury my dead out of my sight.
-  Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.
-  And he communed with them, saying, If it be your mind that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar,
-  That he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he hath, which is in the end of his field; for as much money as it is worth he shall give it me for a possession of a buryingplace amongst you.
-  Nay, my lord, hear me: the field give I thee, and the cave that is therein, I give it thee; in the presence of the sons of my people give I it thee: bury thy dead.
-  And he spake unto Ephron in the audience of the people of the land, saying, But if thou wilt give it, I pray thee, hear me: I will give thee money for the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there.
-  My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.
-  And the field, and the cave that is therein, were made sure unto Abraham for a possession of a buryingplace by the sons of Heth.
-  And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:
-  But I will lie with my fathers, and thou shalt carry me out of Egypt, and bury me in their burying place. And he said, I will do as thou hast said.
-  And he charged them, and said unto them, I am to be gathered unto my people: bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
-  In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a burying place.
-  My father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.
-  And Pharaoh said, Go up, and bury thy father, according as he made thee swear.
-  And Joseph went up to bury his father: and with him went up all the servants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt,
-  For his sons carried him into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a burying place of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.
-  And Joseph returned into Egypt, he, and his brethren, and all that went up with him to bury his father, after he had buried his father.
347…..Our Life is as Dust….347
 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
 A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary.
 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.
 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
Genesis 2:  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 3:  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Job 34:  All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust .
Psalm 22:  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
Psalm 103:  For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust .  As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
Ecclesiastes 3:  All go unto one place; all are of the dust , and all turn to dust again.
Ecclesiastes 12:  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Just like the “dust”; so as the “grass”; so is the “flesh” of humanity. It all passes away!!!
Isaiah 40:  Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’s hand double for all her sins.
 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass , and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth : because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass .
 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
James 1:  But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away .  For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.
I Peter 1:  For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: